Sad song, love song

 Sometime ago, I've written a lyric - when I was younger I used to write songs to sing to my friends followed by the three chords that I knew how to play on the acoustic guitar. Anyway, I was at home, was a lazy Sunday afternoon, and some phrases came to my head. I started to type on Google Keep and let the words flow through my fingertips.

Five minutes later, I've finished. I was proud of that song, was sad, but a trully song, came from the bottom of my heart, even that the story wasn't true.

I ask my wife to read and after doing it she stare at me almost crying and said that the lyrics were beautiful but to sad. "I write so good, why don't you write light things, why don't you write something about love?"

I said to her that was about love, and it was indeed.

"Yeah, but happy things about love!"

"Because there is a certain beauty on sadness that you don't see in happiness."

She shake her head and said "ok".

After that I remain in my place, thinking about that our conversation. We're all looking for happiness in life and in love, doesn't we?

But in art, the sadness has such a power to evoque the beauty...I don't know... Don't get me wrong, I'm not the kind pessimist or dramatic person, but I see beauty hidden in sadness, more than in hapiness.

Hapiness is a good feeling to be lived, when we are happy we are a little silly too and that - for me - doesn't match too well in arts.

Do I need treatment?

After think about that, I decide to try to write a "happy" version on my songs. It took me way more time to finish it and the final result was meeh for me. I shown to my wife and she said "See, you can write happy things. Do that more often."

I will share both versions and let you to decide which on is better...

All the colors - Sad version 

Walking on the street,

 waiting the lights to shine, 

The shadows are inside me 

The same that make me cry. 

 I wonder where are the lights 

The sign to give me hope, 

Remembering your smile 

I feel it to the bone.  

The tree and its green, 

The sky and its blue, 

Wishing you next to me 

All the colors I see in you. 

Remember the days we laugh

The beauty hidden in your eyes

Our home had no place for the sad

Our love had no ears for lies.  

And them the things became gray, 

and them I see you cry, 

Nobody ever told me 

How to love and say goodbye.  

The tree and its green, 

The sky and its blue, 

Wishing you next to me 

All the colors I see in you.   

They say red is for love 

I don't believe it anymore 

Now I know the true 

All the colors I see in you.


All the colors - Happy version

Give me your hand
We have no time to cry
Let the love guide you
I see the beauty in your eyes

Smile and the sun will shine
Smile and love will be alive
Inside me I feel the warm breeze
of peace, hope and good dreams.

The tree and its green
The sky and its blue
The love lives inside me
and All the colors lives in you

The world is so gray
Hope that all could have
Someone to call "my love"
and no one to make you mad.

So I let my arms wide open
Waiting for you to arrive
Like the flowers wait for the sun
I found in you my home.

The tree and its green
The sky and its blue
The love lives inside me
and All the colors Iives in you

They say red is for love
I don't believe it anymore
Now I know the true
All the colors  lives in you

 


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

O desmatamento e a coriza

Memento Mori

O poder transformador da leitura na sua vida - Razões para Ler